On 12/13/23 10:14, Maria Matejka via Bird-users wrote:

Hello!

On 2023-12-13 10:19, Kees Meijs | Nefos wrote:
Hi,

On 12-12-2023 17:20, Maria Matejka via Bird-users wrote:
We're prototyping a machine-friendly interface which should include, in some later versions, also subscribing to various notifications.

Hear hear! Probably asked before, but being integrated (albeit with a shim) in SNMP would be lovely.

We are finishing some SNMP support as well but mostly we're trying to have a YANG-defined API encoded in CBOR. And because this is quite a new technology, we may create some relevant tools during the process; if anybody is interested in some specifics, we may keep you informed about the development.

Any API interface that can acquire the data available with birdc commands would be very greatly appreciated. Even if the commands just hand an option to return results were in some machine readable format like JSON. I currently have a python daemon that connects to the control socket which is rather tedious in terms of parsing all the command outputs. :)

-N