On 2023-12-14 14:17, Douglas Fischer wrote:
Well... If it will be really yang modeled, sounds "not that hard" for an external daemon doing that translation.
Not that hard on first sight, anyway with the current state of BGP YANG drafts, we may very easily get forced to divert from the IETF YANGs massively due to semantic (!) reasons. And then … good luck.
To me, this is good news! Thank you all the involved!

Actually, this is a collab between BIRD and Alice-LG, so many thanks go also to Annika Hannig.

And an extra curiosity:
Is BMP related to this "machine-friendly interface"?

No, it isn't. Some internal parts may be similar and we checked some rough edges when merging BMP, but this API is a completely different (and much more massive) story.

Maria

--
Maria Matejka (she/her) | BIRD Team Leader | CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.