On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 08:26:23AM +0300, Thanos Baloukas via blfs-book wrote:

> Did you notice that Arch doesn't run the tests for rust? They do run
> the tests on other packages.

I only look at Arch if I need to build a new package or if I get a
problem.  Most of what I have looked at is in AUR (user-supported)
and I don't recall ever noticing tests being run.  But I guess that
comes down to whoever contributes the particular package.

> On this build they are using system llvm
>
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/rust/1.25.0/1.fc28/data/logs/x86_64/build.log

Thanks for the link.

They appear to be updating config.guess and config.sub in various
directories and then apparently running ./configure to create
config.toml.

Maybe I should look at, and for,
0001-Ignore-stack-probes-tests-on-powerpc-s390x-too.patch
... found the build at
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rust/tree/master
Nope, it only adds those arches to what is ignored, doesn't get
applied on x86.

Last time I looked (some months ago), they were not running the
tests.

Theyi now have only two failures

test [run-make] run-make/atomic-lock-free ... FAILED

test [run-make] run-make/sysroot-crates-are-unstable ... FAILED

but they appear to be building for all arches and of course they
have gdb installed.

I'll end this reply by quoting from their specfile:

%description

Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents
segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.

ĸen
--
In my seventh decade astride this planet, and as my own cells degrade,
there are some things I cannot do now: skydiving, marathon running,