On 10/04/2018 09:11 μμ, Ken Moffat via blfs-book wrote:

I'll end this reply by quoting from their specfile:

%description

Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents
segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.

Yes, this motto is by the rust web page
https://www.rust-lang.org/en-US/

I will say that it may well be, firefox with rust is stable and we may
try to use rust on thunderbird too. It's just that their tests do not
yet fully support our processors. I'm sure that it's a matter of time.

Do you remember what happened on gentoo and other mailing lists with the
advent of ryzen? After the gcc-7.3 release all these threads became
inactive.

--
Thanos