On 12/03/2012 03:36 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 09:21 PM, Baho Utot wrote:
>> I did also have kde installed to /usr.  I have used prefix=/usr for all
>> packages.
>>
>> I have found out that KDM does indeed need its own usr/group.
>> I now have kdm working as I can now login and boot the machine to run
>> level 5 from inittab and it works.
>>
>> I have a Console kit error dialog on login saying Warning: Cannot open
>> ConsoleKit session: Unable to execute program
>> /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success
>>
> Have you installed D-Bus via DESTDIR method?

Yes, I will have a looked at the permissions and changed them as below
and it now works.
The usb drive also now works.
I still have some permissions issues to fix, they are in the daemon.log,
but what I have now works very well so I will put those on the back
burner as I need to get the additional packages built for kde.

> If so, launch-helper needs to be root:messagebus owned and needs to have
> permissions 4754
>
> chown root:messagebus /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
> chmod 4754 /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
>
>> This I have traced to dbus not started, but I have dbus starting run the
>> init scripts at boot through the blfs-bootscripts.
>>
>> Also in the kdm log it has klauncher kdemain: No DBUS session-bus found.
>> Check if you have started the DBUS server.
>>
>> I know that dbus is indeed started but how does one check to see if a
>> dbus session exists?
>>
> This might be the problem with helper permissions as described above.
>
>> This is what I think this problem resolves to.
>> If anyone has a link to all this dbus stuff I would like to get that so
>> I can read up on dbus.
>>
>> Also I heard but have not been able to confirm that ConsoleKit is not
>> required anymore as PolicyKit has all the ConsoleKit stuff.  Can anyone
>> confirm this?
>>
> That's true only if you are using systemd.

Ok

Thank you very much for helping me to resolve some of my issues