Em 05-05-2014 12:05, Bruce Dubbs escreveu:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
>
>> It seems that many python modules are going to need some tool to get
>> built/installed.
>
> It seems that we run into the python install issue periodically.  The
> place I know about is when installing Trac.  If we have a requirement
> for a python installation tool, then I think we should add it as it will
> help others when installing some packages that may not be in the book.
>
>   -- Bruce

Now, I have zeitgeist-0.9.14 installed, totem reinstalled, still more
than 20s for the window to appear. As I expected, did not solve my problem.

For this, I needed rdflib-4.1.2, as is well known after the ticket #5022
[1].

For rdflib-4.1.2, I needed setuptools-3.5.1.

This is almost all.

Midori needs libzeitgeist as in the book, so, it means not replacing it
by zeitgeist.

Total of 3 packages, or 5, if we count each module (one for Python2,
other for Python3), in rdflib and setuptools.

But a better analysis show that after setuptools is installed, it
downloads any dependency needed, In this case:

isodate-0.5.0 (2)
html5lib-1.0b3
SPARQLWrapper-1.5.2-py2.7.egg
pyparsing-2.0.2.zip (2)
six-1.6.1.tar.gz

(2) means that it is downloaded twice, one for each python{2,3} module.

Total seems to be (if we have all requirements):

5 + 7 = 12 packages.

I really don't know what to do. With rdflib and setuptools, we are good
to build zeitgeist, but knowing that dependences are pulled during
rdflib install. It does not happen with a DESTDIR install, though. So
statistics from DESTDIR and real install are very different.

One more thing, 8 tests fail in zeitgeist. I read some pages, and what I
recall is that one of the errors was similar to what happened when
trying to run an application and it crashed (IIRC, it is empathy) and
someone had it fixed when updated the system to be governed by systemd.

Could it be considered correct including in the book just zeitgeist,
rdflib and setuptools?

I am still not convinced that we need them.

Tomorrow I will be back to updates. And depending on the conclusion in
this thread, open two new tickets, or close one and fix gedit and totem
to look for zeitgeist elsewhere.

[]s,
Fernando

[1] http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/ticket/5022