> That said, my initial reaction is to put all of these in the 8.2 release
> and do it soon after when we have six months to sort any issues that may
> arise.

On a similar note, I've been trying to contribute for the 8.2 release but have
been having issues
with gcc problems regarding include (include_next for any headers) directive
that I don't find the
time to do so.

Do anyone mind if I focus on that compiler issue for the next few months?

As far as I know, include_next is a gcc specific extension, not part of posix
or C++ standard but
the C++ (g++) compiler is having issues with that directive and I want to fix
it.

Alain