On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 10:02:01AM +0100, Pierre Labastie wrote:
> On 23/02/2018 07:48, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> > Ken Moffat wrote:
> >> [...]
>
> >[...]
> > In any case, I'm OK with dropping qtwebkit,  I can also live with dropping
> > qtwebengine and qupzilla.  We have five other graphical browsers and three
> > text browsers.
> >

> We shouldn't drop qupzilla, unless we drop LXQt too. But I like them both.
> The silly thing is that if you want chromium and qupzilla, you build the
> chromium/blink engine twice (one for qtwebengine, and one for chromium
> itself).
>
> At least for midori and epiphany, you build webkitgtk only once. Now I am not
> sure the WebKit engine is the best one compared to gecko/mozilla and chromium.
>
> Note that KDE has integrated qupzilla into their projects, under the name
> falkon. Plasma integration of falkon is one of the projects for google summer
> of code.
>
> Pierre

I didn't know about falkon.  I now see that the github repo says -

"QupZilla was renamed to Falkon and moved to KDE infrastructure

New repository is now available at https://phabricator.kde.org/source/falkon/.
This repository at GitHub will only be used for 2.2 release and after that will
be made read-only."

I hope that won't mean I have to build a lot of kf5 for future
releases.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.