Hi,

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Jean-Marc Pigeon via blfs-dev wrote:

I am able to build libreoffice-6.3 without trouble [...]

libxml2 generate include files as
/usr/include/libxml2/libxml/*.h
Confirmed.

setting a symlink as
/usr/include/libxml -> /usr/include/libxm2/libxml
is good enough for libreoffice build to be successful.
I do not have such symlink (and there is a typo in yours) and libreoffice-6.3.0.4 built fine:

while libreoffice is expecting
/usr/include/libxml
Where? Why? My --with-system-libxml results in:
checking which libxml to use... external
checking for LIBXML... yes

And I'd expect this to work because of
LIBXML_CFLAGS="-I$usr/include/libxml2" in ./configure and
source including <libxml/*> "from there".

If this doesn't work for you, then probably you and libreoffice are messing around with CFLAGS in some incompatible way!?

Could someone confirm this "hiatus"
I cannot. Though still using glibc-2.29, but that should be unrelated.

and should the libxml2 book adjusted accordingly?
I don't think so. I'd rather expect some hint about CFLAGS for libreoffice to be useful. I used none, just MAKEFLAGS was set.

Uwe