On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 04:23:13PM -0400, Jean-Marc Pigeon via blfs-dev wrote:
> Hello,
> On 08/15/2019 03:20 PM, dueff...@uwe-dueffert.de wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Jean-Marc Pigeon via blfs-dev wrote:
> >
> > > I am able to build libreoffice-6.3 without trouble [...]
> > >
> > > libxml2 generate include files as
> > > /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/*.h
> > Confirmed.
> >
> > > setting a symlink as
> > > /usr/include/libxml -> /usr/include/libxm2/libxml
> > > is good enough for libreoffice build to be successful.
> > I do not have such symlink (and there is a typo in yours) and
> > libreoffice-6.3.0.4 built fine:
> Thanks for your input.
> Typo is just an email typo.
> Without that symlink libreoffice is not building properly
> (on my side).
> >
> > > while libreoffice is expecting
> > > /usr/include/libxml
> > Where? Why? My --with-system-libxml results in:
> > checking which libxml to use... external
> > checking for LIBXML... yes
> I have --with-system-libxml too
> >
> > And I'd expect this to work because of
> > LIBXML_CFLAGS="-I$usr/include/libxml2" in ./configure and
> > source including <libxml/*> "from there".
> Ok... please correct me if wrong but
> I see no "LIBXML_CFLAGS="-I$usr/include/libxml2" reference
> within Version 2019-08-15 BLFS book for LibreOffice
> This point seems rather important.....
> This could explain discrepancy between our build.

I've just replied to Uwe's reply while your mail was on its way.
Short answer : something wrong in the pkg-config results when
autogen.sh was run.

Maybe there is a configure.log (in the top-level directory, if you
still have that) which gives details.

> What is the BLFS "official line" about this?

If pkg-config is working correctly, the only time when passing
SOMEID_CFLAGS to configure scripts should ever be necessary is when a
package didn't install a .pc file.

If you happen to have installed multiple versions of a package in
different prefixes, you need to export PKG_CONFIG_PATH to look for
them in the desired order.

ĸen
--
Adopted by dwarfs, brought up by dwarfs.  To dwarfs I'm a dwarf, sir.
I can do the rite of k'zakra, I know the secrets of h'ragna, I can