Hi,

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, Jean-Marc Pigeon wrote:

first...
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxml-2.0.pc contents seems ok to me
I did not even mention pkgconfig stuff, because I was rather sure libxml2 installed it identical for all of us, otherwise I would have expected trouble way before trying to install libreoffice. So I attempted to find a LO specific explanation...

My guess the downloaded lxml
lxml-4.1.1.tgz
is not set/ready to work with libxml2?

If you have an lxml already installed (libxml2
compatible), this could explain our building difference...
That's it. I haven't, but it does explain the difference nevertheless. My libreoffice does not attempt to download/install lxml:

checking for python lxml... no, and system does not provide python development
headers, gla11y will only report widget classes and ids

This is likely due to me having added --enable-python=no to libreoffice in the past, surely due to some build problem at that time that may have been python2 or python3 specific. This is a deviation from the book. Haven't missed any functionality because of that so far...

Uwe