But what if you had to  fall down that pit, go through that storm, etc.

What if your truck broke, bit of your load fell off, or well you had to deal with a dangerous ituation and actually go through it.

So much of audiogames is us avoiding things.

On 11/02/2018 6:30 p.m., Jordan Gallacher wrote:
Ships and boats would be fun if done well.  Ship simulator was fun and I have
wondered if a blind version could be done that is similar.  How about something
along the lines of Orbiter Space Flight Simulator?  That is also a lot of fun
although it has been years since I have had the vision to play it.
Jordan

-----Original Message-----
From: blind-gamers@groups.io [mailto:blind-gamers@groups.io] On Behalf Of
Damien Garwood
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2018 9:42 PM
To: blind-gamers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-gamers] Coming up with ideas for a new game project.

Hi,
Aren't driving games all the same? There might be physical differences in
driving each vehicle (train, car, bus, wagon, lorry, van, truck, motorbike,
physical vehicles like cycles and prams etc), whether for sport, delivery,
pickup or dropoff, whether customers or cargo, the end result is still the same
- to travel relatively short distances to get from one place to another. We see
those kinds of vehicles and local bore every day, and we already have two
flight sims, a train sim, a motorbiking game, a shuttle game, a trucker game, a
pizza delivery game, and three racing games (although one is no longer playable
now). Do we really need more?
Personally, if I were going down the transport route (no pun intended), I might
choose to extend flight sims with helicopters (we've only seen planes in the
two we have so far), I might even extend the racing genre to include more
realistic obstacles, but I would much prefer ships and boats, as that avenue
hasn't really seen the light of day in audiogames yet. There are tons of things
you can do on the ship, from pulling the ropes on a sailing vessel, feeding the
furnaces on a steam vessel, working the water pumps, managing the engines,
steering and so on. Even more excitement when dealing with lifeboats. Those are
meant for getting to other countries, something we're lucky to get once a year
unless we're millionaires.
Or even better, spaceships. We have tons of space invaders, a fair few
battleship spaceship destroyer type games, but I don't know of any spaceship
driving sims. Feeding fuel to rocket shuttles and controlling thermodynamic
reactors and neutron pumps or whatever fancy names those kind of things have,
and dealing with magnetism to try and simulate gravity etc. Now that's what I
call imagination! I'd love to go to another planet, wouldn't you?
Highly unlikely we'll get there in real life, the best we can do is to hope for
a game to do it! The closest we ever got to it was Lords of the Galaxy, which
incidentally I really enjoyed, but given that VIPGamesZone seem to have
themselves disappeared to some distant unknown galaxy now...
Cheers.
Damien.