Ed,

I have used a band saw with pretty good success for cutting similar materials.
I didn't mention it before because I got the mistaken impression that you were
working with  a much larger piece of material.

I have cut things like light diffusers for a drop ceiling with a band saw with
no problem.  As a matter of fact, it was the only tool that didn't shatter
and/or chip the edges.

A band saw has a rather thin blade wich, due to its length runs pretty cool.
Additionally, since you are moving the workpiece, you can go as slow as
necessary.  The slower you go, the cleaner the cut.

Darrin

Darrin Porter
Senior Technical Engineer

United Ocean Services, L.L.C.
601 South Harbour Island Boulevard, Suite 230
Tampa, Florida  33602
(813) 209-4247 (office)
(813) 744-0011 (cellular phone)
(813) 242-4849 (fax)