> the problem is the 'easy to install' requirement. Too many vendors (including
> ones that used to be easy to install) are adding extra hoops to jump through
> on the newer models.

Yes. My fantasy (I can still have fantasies, right? :-) is that people buy one
of our recommended routers for a modest price, download our recommended
firmware, go to the vendor's "update firmware" page, upload it and reboot.

Then they plug the new router's WAN port into their ISP modem's port, connect
their laptop's Ethernet to the LAN port, point their browser to "openwrt.lan"
(see https://forum.openwrt.org/t/cerowrt-ii-would-anyone-care/110554/106) and
set the router password, configure SQM, [configure Wi-Fi], and go back to
fishing, reading, or other productive work.

Simple, eh? (I wish...)

Rich