David Abrahams wrote:
Beman Dawes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
When we released 1.30.0, despite extensive pre-release testing, it
went out with several prominent showstopper bugs. Don't you think
we'll make the same mistake for 1.31.0? Also, AFAICT 1.30.1 can go
out much, much sooner.

I agree with Dave here. To me there is another good reason for doing minor releases more frequently. Neither the next major release nor the CVS state is likely to help most of the people who use Boost in their projects.

I guess that there are a lot of projects out there that cannot allow for an interface change in one of the core libs every couple of month. So they really need bugfix only releases if showstopper bugs are found in the last release.

Just my 2c

Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Witt
Institut fuer Verkehrswesen, Eisenbahnbau und -betrieb, Universitaet Hannover