The Fool wrote:

> I wasn't suggesting anything involving 'terrorism', I was suggesting
> other features of the Taliban rule.  How about a different analogy.
> Popery in the middle ages (not that medieval popery was less violent than
> the Taliban (perhaps much more so)).  A theocratic 'god' rule.
>
> They put 'crime scene investigation' on their list of top 10 worst shows,
> at #3.  Unless I am mistaken, csi, is not a drama or fictional, but shows
> professionals in action.  Apparently anything that teaches people how to
> think logically, using the scientific method, is baa-ad.  Must protect
> the children from concepts like a spherical earth, and evolution.

It *is* a drama.  Fictional.  With writers and such.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0247082 for more about it.

You *are* mistaken.  (Sorry.)

Of the top 10 (and I assume you're looking at the list at
http://www.parentstv.org ), there are 2 "reality shows", Big Brother 2 and
Temptation Island 2.  The rest are comedies or dramas.  And at their list at
http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/publications/reports/top10bestandworst/main.asp CSI
is listed as a drama.  (But the link that tells you that is a Javascript one, so
I expect you didn't get anything useful from it.)

I think it's a bit of a stretch to go from criticism of a gritty drama to
assuming criticism of the scientific method.  You might want to check up on
these details (e.g., drama versus documentary) before you go leaping to
conclusions that, while plausible, may turn out to be an extremely long stretch
and undermine your position when clarification is given by another.

        Julia