On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 03:51 am, Andrew Crystall wrote:

On 6 Mar 2003 at 23:16, William T Goodall wrote:

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 10:20 pm, Bryon Daly wrote:

But speaking of pulpy and gratuitous - Anyone here read the Honor
Harrington series books by David Weber?  I've read about 6 so far
(of 10) before I needed a hiatus.  The rest are part of my stack of
20 waiting-to-be-read books (along with Kiln People and The
Transparent Society, to tie this back to the Brin list).

I've read them all. I think the last two could have done with some (more) editing. And I can't actually remember the plot of either of them, which wasn't the case for the first eight.

I'm a huge Weber fan. I have all the Honourverse books both dead tree and ebook. If anyone wants the ebooks, they were on the CD with came with War of Honor and can be (perfectly legitmately, go Baen!) redistributed.

Good CD. I've been re/reading Keith Laumer and James H Schmitz thanks to that.

Ashes of Victory wasn't as strong as it might be, but I found War of Honor excellent.

I suppose I'll have to read it again now...

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"A bad thing done for a good cause is still a bad thing. It's why so few people slap their political opponents. That, and because slapping looks so silly." - Randy Cohen.