At 01:52 PM 6/11/2003 -0400 Jon Gabriel wrote:
> When we removed the regime in power we were
>in charge of law enforcement until a native police force could be
>reestablished.  It is obvious that the museums were inadequately secured and
>they were our responsibility.

No, this is not obvious at all.

I currently have seen no evidence that the Iraqi Museum was looted -
especially in light of recent relvations that most of the antiquities from
the Iraqi National Museum were stored in secure locations, such as a Top
Secret vault below the Iraqi National Bank.   Indeed, given the above fact,
it seems far more likely that those 33 missing major pieces were lost
completely outside of the invasion.

JDG