----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Coffey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: Catholicism Re: james ossuary a fake - scientists

> One very interesting interpritation I have come across ( and give a lot
of
> credibility to) has to do with the "unleveness" of the bread. And the
effects
> that wine can have. Without the yeast unleven bread can contain quite a
bit
> of argot, a fungus that grows on grains. Argot contains sylisiben which
is an
> halucinagen. It might be that Jesus intent was for his disiples to reach
> "spiritual" state by ingesting sylisiben and achohaul. While this is
contrary
> to the beliefs of most christians it is not actualy very extream as
religious
> practices go. It certainly does make the whole buisness make a lot more
> sence. It gives it purpous which is otherwise quite contirved.

I have a problem with that. It contradicts what we know from early
writings. For example,  when Communion is discussed by Paul, the very
thought of becoming drunk on communion wine was scandalous. Since his
letters were reverently copied and passed by the early church, its hard to
believe that he would not either

1) accept the practice

or

2) attack those that teach that this practice was correct.

Rather, he simply mentions that he heard some folks were doing it, and was
shocked that they would do such a bad thing.

Dan M.