On 26 Jun 2003 at 16:04, Gautam Mukunda wrote:

> --- Kevin Tarr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> But that's our motto: Fat, dumb, and lazy!
> >
> > KevinT. - VRWC
> > and proud of it
>
> Yeah, but out real motto should be:
> "We have healthy demographics, while Europe (with the
> exception of Britain) is about to go down the toilet
> because of the age of its population."
>
> Having just spent the last week or so furiously
> studying worldwide demographics, the situation for
> Europe is, to put it mildly, catastrophic.  I believe
> that it is impossible for anything to be done about
> it, in fact.  Take a look at the Center for Strategic
> and International Studies Global Aging project.

Which is why we need the expansion so badly.

It'll bring in countries and encourage the migration of workers and
their families between European nations.

Also, a lot of nations such as Germany have deacent plans in place to
deal with an aging demographic.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Britian's current immigration
rate is going to hold the working population steady.

Andy
Dawn Falcon