On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 04:13 am, Dan Minette wrote:
From: "William T Goodall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://society.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4605024,00.html

" Two boroughs of Britain have more black and Asian people than white
people for the first time ever, according to figures from the 2001
census published today.

There is a world of difference between two bouroughs and two states.
<snip>
There is a lot of difference between the impact of these two numbers.

The two boroughs under discussion both send 3 MPs to Parliament. So the comparable bit of the impact is that 6 MPs are being elected from boroughs that have a white minority population.

It appears that the percentage of minorities is really closer
to 7.5% than 2.8%. I'm curious to see why the factbook missed the numbers
by so much, since they usually get them from the governments of the
countries. So, I'm now leaning strongly towards the 7.6% number that you
quoted.

I stopped using the 'factbook' years ago after finding several such discrepancies between it and other reliable sources.

Nevertheless, it may very well be that Great Britain will end up being less
European and more tending towards a GB-American alliance worldview. If
this is true, then GB could end up with a population that has close to the
US's present ethnic makeup in 50 years. The other alternative is that the
whites will decide they don't want this, and close immigration.

Like this bunch:

http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Those who study history are doomed to repeat it.