On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 03:21 am, Dan Minette wrote:

You and I have a different understanding of spiralling, then. The
non-European ethnic makeup of GB is 2.8%. They are optimistically
projecting enough immigration to make this about 6% or so in 20 years. And
its the shining star.

California already has white non-Hispanics as the biggest minority, not the
majority. Texas will follow in about 2 years. Yes, one can see a
significant minority of non-Europeans in London. That's because that is a
haven for non-whites in GB. Contrast that with my neck of the woods where
neither of the two mayoral candidates were European.

http://society.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4605024,00.html

" Two boroughs of Britain have more black and Asian people than white people for the first time ever, according to figures from the 2001 census published today.

Data from the £200m survey showed that there were 4.5 million people from ethnic minorities in the UK in 2001 - 7.6% of the total population. The ethnic minority population of England rose from 6% in 1991 to 9% in 2001.

Whites made up 39.4% of people living in the east London borough of Newham and 45.3% in Brent in the north-west of the capital."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1556901.stm

"Britain's ethnic minorities are growing at 15 times the rate of the white population, newly-published research shows.

Data collected by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) between 1992-1994 and 1997-1999 showed that the number of people from minority ethnic groups grew by 15% compared to 1% for white people.

The figures also revealed that on average Britain's ethnic minorities have a much younger age profile.

The average age for the white population surveyed in the 1997-1999 period was 37 or less but only 26 for ethnic minorities.

The report concluded: "Their young age structure and the consequential large number of births and relatively small number of deaths helps to explain the disproportionate contribution of minority ethnic groups to population growth in the 1990s."

Significantly the ethnic group with the youngest age profile were those who described themselves as "mixed" with 58% being aged 14 or under.

Overall their numbers increased by 49% in the periods surveyed - the second largest growth among black groups. "

-- William T Goodall Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED] Web : http://www.wtgab.demon.co.uk Blog : http://radio.weblogs.com/0111221/

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in
Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."
-George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002