Erik Reuter wrote:
On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 11:20:29AM -0600, Michael Harney wrote:

On the topic of _/_ by Greg Bear, I may start another thread later
about that book, but I wanted to ask, for those who have read more
of Greg Bear's books if _/_ represented a One of Greg Bear's better
books, was on par with most of his books, or were his other books
superior?

I'd say "par". Are you aware that _Slash_ was a (loose) sequel to _Queen
of Angels_?

I'd recommend _Moving Mars_ and _Blood Music_ as his best
novels. Another good one is _Eon_.

He also has a less-SciFi'ish (fantasy) book, _Songs of Earth and Power_
that was pretty good.

I've read Vitals*, Darwin's Radio, Blood Music, Moving Mars, Dinosaur Summer and the Forge of God (Queen of Angels and / are in the queue). I would recommend all of them.

Doug

*Just finished last week and have been intending to post a comment or two about it.