>For the Harry Potter books, I like the UK cover art better, at least judging
>from Order Of The Phoenix.  And I regret the dumbing down of the book
>1 title in the US by changing "Philosopher's Stone" to "Sorceror's Stone".

Me too. I have purchased all 5 books from amazon.co.uk because I preferred the cover
art on the Bloomsbury editions. The binding on some wasn't all that good (esp. "Goblet
of Fire"), but "Order of the Phoenix" apppears to be much better manufactured.

Although it is true that "sorceror's stone" means absolutely nothing, esp. if you know
anything at all about alchemy, I wonder how many young readers in the UK got the
association either until it was explained in the book?

--
Tom Beck

www.prydonians.org
www.mercerjewishsingles.org

"I always knew I'd see the first man on the Moon. I never dreamed I'd see the last." -
Dr Jerry Pournelle