Erik Reuter wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:33:27PM -0500, Robert Seeberger wrote:
>
> > From: "Gautam Mukunda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> > >  Lots of lies.  Of course, Bob, they were all on your side of the
> > > political fence, but I won't hold that against you.
> >
> > The expanses are quite broad on both sides of the fence.
> >
> > The small minded penchant for pigeonholing, a divisive tactic lately
> > popularised by the likes of Limbaugh for example among party faithful
> > types, and aimed at the ignorant who might find it convincing,
> > seems to have crept into your rhetoric.  I would find your already
> > persuasive arguments much more effective if I were not continually
> > distracted by what appears to be condescension that borders on the
> > insulting. Even though it is not directed toward me, and is often
> > directed towards those I disagree with, I still find it a distraction.
> >

> Perhaps Bob should post a rant where he whines about how the
> conservatives on the list are intolerant of liberals.

Or perhaps someone a little more inclined to agree with Gautam could
point out that there *is* a condescending tone in many posts addressed
to someone who disagrees with him, and that this bothers that person and
is, frankly, off-putting, and undermines the *merits* of his arguments
with a negative *emotional* reaction.

Just a thought.

        Julia

who is fairly emotional this week