In a message dated 7/25/2003 1:08:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Uh, didja forget?  Gore *did* win -- the vote, anyway.
> Just not the office
> that usually goes with it.

I am not one who thinks that Gore won. The popular vote does not determine the final
result and therefore candidates do not attempt to win it. We do not know the result of
a popular vote in which every vote would count. Under those outlandish circumstances
(each individual's vote counts the same regardless of where it was cast) Bush might
have gone after votes in populous states like NY and Cal where he had no chance of
gaining the electoral votes. Bush won (Not fair and square but he won with the help of
his friends on the court).