At 05:43 PM 7/27/2003 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> We do not know the result of a popular vote in which every vote would count.
> Under those outlandish circumstances (each individual's vote counts the same
> regardless of where it was cast) Bush might have gone after votes in
populous
> states like NY and Cal where he had no chance of gaining the electoral
votes.

> Bush won (Not fair and square but he won with the help of his friends on the
> court).

Ahem, how exactly did Sandra Day O'Connor and Anthony Kennedy become
"friends" George W. Bush?    (I'm not aware any friendship between
Rehnquist, Scalia, and Thomas and GWB - but I suppose its possible, and in
those cases you could at least imagine an ideological affinity.)

Additionally, how exactly did the actions of the USSC impact the eventual
outcome of the 2000 Presidential election?

Lastly, if Al Gore had won the 2000 election, would you be bitterly
complaining that he did so thanks to his partisans on the Florida Supreme
Court?

JDG