From: "Andrew Crystall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Killer Bs Discussion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windo$e
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:24:24 +0100

On 28 Jul 2003 at 12:32, Jon Gabriel wrote:

> >http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/25/technology/25SOFT.html
> >
> >" Mr. Gates acknowledged today that the company's error reporting
> >service indicated that 5 percent of all Windows-based computers now
> >crash more than twice each day."
> >

> Honestly, I suspect this is more ID10T errors than anything else.  My

I call them USE's. User-Studpidity-Errors.

> home computer running WinXP has crashed perhaps four times in the last
> 7-8 months, and I believe they were hardware related and not the
> operating system.  Win2K was also totally crash free for the year and
> a half I used it.

I have had precisely two OS crashes not caused by known game issues
since I installed 2k. Certain apps crash when I do certain things,
but that's usually the app and not windows.

Win2K was great, but I found it a little limiting.

(Well, to be honest, I just couldn't play Half Life on it. Win2K wasn't supported.)

;-)

Jon
GSV Priorities Priorities

Le Blog: http://zarq.livejournal.com