On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 11:24 pm, Jon Gabriel wrote:
Nothing one can install without an admin password is capable of crashing any serious OS.

Heh. Ironic.

I guess OS X 10.2.6 is out then.

Which does require an admin password to install :)

Co-workers clean-installed the latest version of Safari on three relatively new iMacs today and after a restart it crashed all three of them. We'd never seen a panic-crash before. Tech support is here now trying to get the computers to boot up in OSX. Hopefully we'll have them running tomorrow.

And it's not even a third-party application. :)

Which illustrates another important point - never be an early adopter :)

Let somebody else find the problems in the latest sw updates...

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

tried it.