In a message dated 7/27/2003 6:43:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> And its unclear that "arrest" is even the proper word to describe what the
> Chairman tried to do - since I don't think that even if the Chairman's
> request had been carried out that the Democratic Representatives would have
> been detained, placed in jail, or had charges filed against them.
>
> At any rate, caning another Congreesman, literally nearly
> to death, on the
> floor of Congress is far worse.
Can we get real here. Once again this is not the 19th century. We are talking about a
congressman of one party trying to have congressmen of the other party arrested. This
is outragous behavior. It is not some little prank