On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 09:20 am, Jan Coffey wrote:

The simple truth is that without conceled carry, the only ones with guns are
the criminals. The power of leathal force is in the hands alone of the very
people we would prefer did not have that power. With conceled carry there is
a balance of this power. In fact i would argue that there is a greater power
in the hands of the law abiding citizen specificaly becouse the criminal
would never know who was carying and who was not. Everyone might be a hard
target. This is a logical argument for which there are no statistics. If you
disagree it is your responsability to show that this argument is wrong, or
show how it is not logical.

Because criminal is a type of act and not a type of person? And if you arm everybody, more otherwise 'law abiding citizens' can potentially perform criminal acts with guns. Due to road rage, or finding the spouse in bed with the maid or whatever...

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

First they came for the verbs, and I said nothing because verbing
weirds language.  Then they arrival for the nouns, and I speech
nothing because I no verbs.