In a message dated 10/14/2003 5:51:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> but his argument
> was not, on its face, entirely unreasonable.  It
> certainly wasn't racist.  Calling him a racist is
> nothing more than the usual tactic of arguing that
> anybody who disagrees with the PC line is a bigot.  It
> happens to most conservatives in college, for goodness
> sake, so Rush should have been a little better
> prepared for it.

How are we so certain that Rush is not racist? Does he have a personal history of
supporting racial equality? Does he give money to black colleges? speak out for racial
equality? I'm not saying he is a racist but it is glib to say he is not. What he did
was "play the race card" if you will. He knew he would provoke this response. At best
this was cynical at worst it was racist. The PC remark is as much a knee jerk
conservative response as the PC crowd. One can criticize Rush or anyone else without
being PC.

By the way welcome back. I think you are right about Pedro. He is the greatest pitcher
in the history of the game. He has such good control that he can hit Garcia on the
back at will. He can pitch so well in a key game without losing his cool and his sign
language skills are outstanding. He was so nice to point out that Jorge Posada had a
fleck of dirt on his head in the 4th inning. No need to apologize for his actions. The
Yankees would be fortunate to face him in game 7 given his success against the team in
the past few years