--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Gautam Mukunda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- Jan Coffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > One can believe (as I do NOT) that a centralized
> > autocratic
> > government, possibly headed by a dictatorial leader,
> > with economic
> > and social regimentation is a good idea, without
> > beleiving that
> > anyone of a differnt race should die or be
> > subjugated.
> >
> > On can have been a patriotic German in 1938 and not
> > desire the death
> > of a single Jew.
> >
> > Beides you can achieve the same faciest goveremnt
> > while claiming to
> > be for free markets, small government, national
> > security, and family
> > values. No raceism required.
>
> In theory I suppose you could.  Can you find a _case_
> of one?
>
> In any case, Fascism is a real thing with real
> historical cases.  To compare the United States today
> to fascism trivializes the real breath and awfulness
> of it.  Our appropriately named Fool may not know the
> difference - but _you should_.  In the last three
> years 500 Americans have died smashing two fascist
> totalitarian dictatorships.  In the 1940s tens of
> thousands died smashing three other fascist
> governments.  Those governments were fascist.  Calling
> the Americans that - whatever your particular problems
> with the Bush Administration - is Orwellian.

While  I have become quite concerned about the use of "Homeland
Security", and the like I am to some degree in agreement with your
point on calling the american governemnt faciest. Still Implying that
if it were, the next thing it would do is begin a program of genocide
is equaly rediculous.

It is perfectly reasonable for _The_Fool_ to sugest that our
government is begining to look more and more like the faciest model,
without also suggesting that such atrocities will occure.

You are accusing him of comparing something he was not comparing.

IMO.

sorry for the huried response but I have little time .