Robert Seeberger wrote:

>>> "Heroes" posits a world in which a small number of persons have
>>> been born with extraordinary powers drawn from the standard
>>> science fiction repertory. (...)
>
>> Quoting Him:
>>
>>  Above all, I never cared for the whole Nietzchian ubermensch
>>  thing... the notion -- pervading a great many myths and
>>  legends -- that a good yarn has to be about demigods who
>>  are bigger, badder, and better than normal folk by several
>>  orders of magnitude. It's an ancient storytelling tradition
>>  based on abiding contempt for the masses, that I find odious
>>  in the works of A.E Van Vogt, L.Ron Hubbard, and wherever you
>>  witness slanlike super beings deciding the fate of billions
>>  without ever pausing to consider their wishes.
>>
>> Amen
>>

> Ignoring for the moment that the heroes of Heroes are fighting
> against the "Slan-like superbeings" and that you mis-characterize
> the series completely:

:-)))))))))))))))))))))))

The series _is_ about demigods. They were born with demigod powers,
not much unlike the Jedi or Sith that were born with
midichlorians :-P

> To aspire to greatness is not in any way a
> bad thing, nor is wishing for a greater reach. The history of the
> human race is a story of such aspiration.

Yes, but unless it's possible to extend the greatness to all,
we are dealing with a high caste of demigods doomed to rule the
world.

> xponent
> Thomas Orley - Enhanced Human Maru
> rob

Tom Orley is no demigod... and his enhancements are available to
other people in his generation or the next.

Alberto Monteiro