Hello all --

I didn't mean to drop out of this, ummm, 'discussion', but I lost the email
I intended to respond to over the w/e.  What can I say?  I turned 61 and had
to put a 9 year old cat down due to cancer -- not a good day until Charlie
reminded me 61 is a prime number!  Cheered me right up.  The Engineer (my
husband, companion and love of my life for almost 38 years) is working in
BFE Utah and staying in Cortez, CO, and only makes it home every third w/e.
I try to go there for a week or 10 days every month or six weeks.  My life
is a little topsy turvey right now.  I also don't seem to have copious
amounts of free time to respond ad nauseum.

Did someone say John's been on this list for 10 years?  Did I misread that??
I don't remember being this prodded to respond for many years -- probably
since JDG was here =+)).

Anyway, John, you said health care was an emotional issue for me.  I prefer
"passionate".  I'm passionate about people having equal access to good care
for treatment of disease, equal access to disease prevention and equal
access to health promotion.  Not just the best care money can buy.

And comparing health insurance to car insurance is an apples and oranges
thing for me.  If your car insurance goes up 5x due to bad choices (DUII,
speeding, etc.), you can take a bus, taxi, ride a bike, etc. and no one
dies.  If your health insurance goes up (or you are unable to even get it)
due to a drunk crashing into you at age 18, your life gets very complicated,
very quickly.

And Charlie is an old and respected member of this list.  As is Dan,
Alberto, Andy, Julia (where is Julia?), Doug and many, many more.  Respect
is earned here, as it is in most communities.  I don't agree with some of
the people that I consider our sages -- frex, I think Dan and I disagree
greatly about the value of religion in raising children -- but I still
respect his opinions.  I guess it comes down to not so much what is said,
but how it is said, and I find your tone often arrogant, John.

Amities, all.

Jo Anne
evens...@hevanet.com