> On Mar 21, 2018, at 11:22 AM, Sreyansh Jain <sreyanshjai...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I've tried symlinking awk to both gawk(4.1.3) and mawk, but I still get the
> same error. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> Also, I've made the changes in the proposal. Now that I'm aware roughly about
> the tasks to be done, I think it's better to stick to either one of BOT plate
> mode or BREP support. If time permits, I'll do the other. I'll do a bit of
> detailed background study in both cases to check which one should be
> plausible in the given time frame and update it in the proposal accordingly.‌

There’s apparently some issue with our bundled libpng sources on your system.
Does disabling bundled build work?  We usually recommend bundled for
simplicity, but the default should work too.  Delete/Recreate your build
directory, then reconfigure:

cd to the brlcad sources directory
rm -rf build
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DBRLCAD_ENABLE_OPENCL=ON
make

Cheers!
Sean