Hi Sofia,

There is no reason whatsoever you can't map a cubic 1mm volume onto your
surface.  In fact, we do this occasionally (e.g., map anatomical volume
onto the surface as if it were a functional volume, to assess the
variation of GM intensity across the cortex).

How much memory do you have?  The latest registration form from you
shows you're running Windows XP.  I'm not sure whether there are memory
constraints that can be enforced on users, but if so, remove them.

The resulting metric would not be any bigger; its size is determined by
the number of nodes in the surface, which would not change.  The only
difference would be the larger memory load when it reads the volume, but
3981312 voxels is normally not enough to bring a machine to its knees.

Is it perhaps a problem with converting the larger size from BV to 4dfp
(e.g., you only have a cubic 3mm ifh file)?

Donna