Hi Dr. Ramon,

Your volume type is correct provided your SPM2-normalized functional volume was is in neurological orientation (left-on-left); see http://brainmap.wustl.edu/help/mapper.html#spm2flip for details. Otherwise, you should choose SPM2 or MEDx in RPI orientation. You chose the correct target surface. If your volume is left-on-left, then please upload it here, so I can have a look:

http://pulvinar.wustl.edu/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

If you have a screen capture showing where SPM2 shows the loci, then that would also be helpful. Otherwise, a description of where they ought to be might suffice.

Regarding the threshold, I somewhat dread these questions, because I know my answers are inadequate. I don't understand how popular analysis tools like SPM and AFNI transform values stored in functional volumes based on the type of statistic they contain, to make life easier for users. I know AFNI does this, and perhaps SPM does as well. Caret thresholds strictly on the value in the currently selected column of the metric file. If the enclosing voxel or average voxel with neighbors=0 was used as the mapping algorithm, then the metric value reflects the intensity of the voxel in which the surface node is located. (Caret's thresholding features were largely driven by wustl.edu users, who tend to feed Caret pre-thresholded volumes of group results.)

If patient and articulate SPM and/or AFNI users are willing to help us understand how we can make caret work better for their needs, then John Harwell probably could enhance caret's threshold handling.

Donna