Mellanie,

When I'm flattening and get only 89 crossovers, sometimes I'm relieved.

But I was able to see the two areas that could be improved in your segmentation.

In caret, when you try to flatten, you can see two patches in the compressed medial wall view (see attached file crossover_patches_cmw.jpg). The trouble spots are painted red, but they're small and hard to see, so I placed a green id node just to the right and below the one on the calcarine sulcus and one at either end of the larger parahippocampal gyrus (PHG) one. The attached file crossover_patches_inflated.jpg shows the trouble spots on the inflated view.

When drawing your flattening cuts, you can draw around the PHG handle, and it will be excised from the surface for flattening purposes. But if you plan to do surface-based registration, this might come back to haunt you.

The other one is right on the calcarine sulcus, and you might get lucky and draw your calcarine cut right over it.

But it's better to fix it in the segmentation -- especially if you're going to do registration.

Donna