I tried following that but this is my error still:

2018-02-22 14:40:41,986 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.support.CasConfigurationJasyptDecryptor] -
<Configured jasyptInstance algorithm [PBEWithMD5AndTripleDES]>
2018-02-22 14:40:41,995 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <No properties were located inside [class path resource
[application.yml]]>
2018-02-22 14:40:41,996 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Located CAS standalone configuration directory at [/etc/cas3/config]>
2018-02-22 14:40:41,997 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Looking for configuration files at [/etc/cas3/config] that match the
pattern [(cas|standalone|application-cas|a
2018-02-22 14:40:42,009 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Configuration files found at [/etc/cas3/config] are
[[/etc/cas3/config/application.yml, /etc/cas3/config/cas.pro
2018-02-22 14:40:42,019 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
2018-02-22 14:40:42,042 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Found settings [[info.description]] in YAML file
[/etc/cas3/config/application.yml]>
2018-02-22 14:40:42,044 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
2018-02-22 14:40:42,046 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Found settings [[endpoints.sensitive, cas.authn.ldap[0].subtreeSearch,
cas.adminPagesSecurity.loginUrl, cas.adm
2018-02-22 14:40:42,046 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.configuration.config.CasCoreBootstrapStandaloneConfiguration]
- <Located setting(s) [[endpoints.sensitive,
cas.authn.ldap[0].subtreeSearch, cas.adminPagesSecurity.loginUrl, cas
2018-02-22 14:40:42,102 INFO
[org.apereo.cas.web.CasWebApplicationServletInitializer] - <The following
profiles are active: standalone>
2018-02-22 14:40:45,698 WARN
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreTicketsConfiguration] - <Runtime memory is
used as the persistence storage for retrieving and managing tickets.
Tickets that are issued during runtime will be LOST
2018-02-22 14:40:45,701 INFO [org.apereo.cas.configuration.support.Beans] -
<Ticket registry encryption/signing is turned off. This MAY NOT be safe in
a clustered production environment. Consider using other choices to han
2018-02-22 14:40:49,283 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Configuring
authentication execution plan [CasCoreAuthenticationHandlersConfiguration]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,289 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Configuring
authentication execution plan [CasCoreAuthenticationHandlersConfiguration]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,318 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationEventExecutionPlan] -
<Registering handler [HttpBasedServiceCredentialsAuthenticationHandler]
principal resolver [org.apereo.cas.authenticat
2018-02-22 14:40:49,324 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Configuring
authentication execution plan [CasCoreAuthenticationMetadataConfiguration]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,333 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationEventExecutionPlan] -
<Registering metadata populator
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.metadata.SuccessfulHandlerMetaDataPopulator@77551b65[or
2018-02-22 14:40:49,342 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationEventExecutionPlan] -
<Registering metadata populator
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.metadata.RememberMeAuthenticationMetaDataPopulator@3838
2018-02-22 14:40:49,350 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.DefaultAuthenticationEventExecutionPlan] -
<Registering metadata populator
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.metadata.AuthenticationCredentialTypeMetaDataPopulator@
2018-02-22 14:40:49,350 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.CasCoreAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Configuring
authentication execution plan [LdapAuthenticationConfiguration]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,355 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.authentication.CoreAuthenticationUtils] - <No principal
attributes are defined>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,355 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.LdapAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Created and
mapped principal attributes [{}] for [ldap://alpha.beta.gamma:389]...>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,357 DEBUG
[org.apereo.cas.config.LdapAuthenticationConfiguration] - <Creating LDAP
authenticator for [ldap://alpha.beta.gamma:389] and baseDn
[dc=beta,dc=gamma]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,375 DEBUG [org.apereo.cas.util.LdapUtils] - <Creating
active directory authenticator for [ldap://alpha.beta.gamma:389]>
2018-02-22 14:40:49,377 WARN
[org.springframework.boot.context.embedded.AnnotationConfigEmbeddedWebApplicationContext]

- <Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh
attempt: org.springframewor
2018-02-22 14:40:49,378 WARN
[com.ryantenney.metrics.spring.config.annotation.MetricsConfigurerAdapter]
- <Problem stopping reporter>
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationNotAllowedException: Error
creating bean with name 'casMetricsConfiguration': Singleton bean creation
not allowed while singletons of this factory are in destruction (Do not re
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:216)

~[spring-beans-4.3.12.RELEASE.jar:4.3.12.RELEASE]

On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 2:36:17 PM UTC-6, David Curry wrote:

> You might find the examples here helpful:
>

> https://dacurry-tns.github.io/deploying-apereo-cas/building_server_ldap_overview.html
>
> There's an Active Directory configuration (two, actually) and an LDAP
> configuration. Authentication and attribute retrieval.
>
> If those don't help, then please post the relevant line(s) from the log
> file showing the error, and, if you have it turned on, debug messages.
>
> --Dave
>

> --
>
> DAVID A. CURRY, CISSP
> *DIRECTOR OF INFORMATION SECURITY*
> INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
>
> 71 FIFTH AVE., 9TH FL., NEW YORK, NY 10003
> +1 212 229-5300 x4728 • david.cu...@newschool.edu <javascript:>
>
> [image: The New School]
>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 2:46 PM, Kevin Liu <annih...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> I've now changed it to this:
>>

>> #AD Configurations
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].type=AD
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].ldapUrl=ldap://alpha.beta.gamma:389
>> #cas.authn.ldap[0].connectionStrategy=
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].useSsl=false
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].useStartTls=false
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].connectTimeout=5000
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].subtreeSearch=true
>>
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].baseDn=dc=beta,dc=gamma
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].userFilter=cn={user}
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].bindDn=user@beta.gamma
>> cas.authn.ldap[0].bindCredential=userPassword
>>
>> Still not working with the same error.
>>

>> On Thursday, February 22, 2018 at 1:32:54 PM UTC-6, Kevin Liu wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I can't seem to make heads or tailed of getting CAS to talk to LDAP
>>>
>>> I know my LDAP is working because using the following command, I can see
>>> all LDAP entries:
>>>
>>> ldapsearch -x -h alpha.beta.gamma -D user@beta.gamma -W -b
>>> "dc=beta,dc=gamma"
>>>
>>> My assumption is that since these credentials are being accepted by
>>> LDAP, I just have to configure CAS to use them. Is this correct?
>>>
>>> So far, my cas.properties contains the following:
>>>
>>> cas.authn.ldap[0].order: 0
>>> cas.authn.ldap[0].name: LDAP