Will do.
but I won't be able to until next week when I'll be back in Berkeley.

Back on Jan 31 2007 Dan Werthimer reported that they had tested
100 meters FO cables with transceivers made by Fujitsu.

Note there are copper cables that include a transceivers and are
supposed to work to 40 meters.  Gore, Maxim and others make them.
I don't think anyone has tried them yet.