Hi all,

Please note that these CX4-fiber converters are Infiniband-only, fiber cannot be directly connected to an 10GbE switch. There seems to be some clash between Infiniband and 10GbE standards. Of course you can convert the signals back to CX4 and use that.

Some months ago I tried to interest the roach people to put a footprint for optical transceiver on the board, no success. As far as I can tell, the signals to at least two of the 10GbE optical transceiver standards are the same as the CX4 signals, that would have been a no-cost option.

Cheers,
Jouko

"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do
more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do
something else. The trick is to do something else."