were trying to feed their families, which I doubt
And again, corrections welcome.
--Dave Nutter

On Dec 16, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Michele Emerick Brown <m...@cornelledu> wrote:

Sadly—(and I hope to be corrected)—but I think Auburn’s solution was to institute a crow hunting season.

http://www.tonews.com/post/3339713/clari/web/local/newyork/misc/ny_crow_hunt_expected_to_draw_crowd.html

From: bounce-7530811-3493...@list.cornell.edu [mailto:bounce-7530811-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Asher Hockett
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 10:36 PM
To: Andrew Roe
Cc: Cayugabirds-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Crows?

Large roosts of crows are famous. A few years ago, Auburn, NY, near the upper reaches of Cayuga Lake, had to resort to drastic (but non-violent) measures to rid the city of tens of thousands of them. Maybe Ithaca has a reputation for being more crow friendly. Here we have our own "reverse pied piper" in crow expert Kevin McGowan, who will likely add his educated perspective to my unscientific babbling

They are using the slopes of south hill which lead down into 6 Mile Creek and the neighborhoods bordering the creek area for the roost these days (or nights, actually).