I don't remember anyone addressing this long standing annoyance in the manner I
mention below and I think its worth a try:
Perhaps the bird clubs in the region could each submit thoughtful  petitions to
the director of mnwr requesting a policy change. If Chris didn't mind one might
also originate with this list serve. It would be difficult for a public servant
to ignore several hundred signatures behind a group of thoughtfully worded
letters and It should at least generate a response and get a dialogue going.
Bird Hard Bard

Sent from my iPhone