I have had a lot of problems of my own with poorly diffracting (or not at all)
membrane protein crystals.  After a previous discussion here, I summarised the
suggestions I got in this ccp4 user wiki;

http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de/ccp4wiki/index.php/Improving_crystal_quality

There are a few ideas there that have already been put forward.  My personal
opinion is that (assuming your crystals are protein) detergent is the deciding
factor.  I second the suggestion for shorter chain detergents, but also suggest
that you carefully consider your detergent concentration.  While you want it to
be above cmc, I have found excessive concentration to be bad for
crystallisation.

If you are going back to the drawing board, I can highly recommend the MemGold
and MemStart/Sys screens developed by the lab of So Iwata at the Imperial
College, and sold by Molecular Dimensions (in the UK).  It has given me a lot
of success in getting initial hits for various membrane proteins.

MemGold has been designed to specifically target alpha-helical membrane
proteins, as described in this paper;

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1110/ps.073263108/full

Hope you find something useful here.  Good luck.

Damon.