Hi Jacob,

you forgot cross-linking to stabilize a weak complex and verify that it exists.

Jürgen

On Sep 5, 2011, at 11:45 AM, Jacob Keller wrote:

Well, I guess I have always been curious what is the gold standard
here--perhaps SEC, ITC, SPR, pulldowns? What if SEC shows a
polydisperse sample with weak oligomerization, or SPR a very weak
binding constant? Do we then revert to a functional assay? Or what if
the functional assay does not show anything, but the binding constant
is really strong? Or vice versa, the binding is completely
undetectable, but the functional assay shows something?

JPK

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:45 AM, Phil Evans
I get confused by these figures. As I understand it the "interface area" given
in Pisa is half the loss of accessible area on forming the complex: is that
right?

We're working on a complex with interface area ~500A^2, where the complex is
stable enough for gel filtration, and with a measured Kd of ~2microM, Pisa
estimate of DelG -2.3. Does that sound sensible?

Phil