From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Leonard
Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:57 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] cryo protection

A good number of things to try.  Just a little more info that was
asked for.  The crystals are grown in Peg 3350 over a range of pH
values using Bis-Tris Propane.  The are coming out of 2 different salt
conditions.   My feeling is it is an osmolality problem though I also
observed cracking when going into a separately made well solution.  I
will look it trying a number of suggestions given.

Cheers,
Len

Leonard Thomas Ph.D.
Macromolecular Crystallography Laboratory Manager
University of Oklahoma
Stephenson Life Sciences Research Center
101 Stephenson Parkway
Norman, OK 73019-5251

lmtho...@ou.edu
http://barlywine.chem.ou.edu