A slightly different wrinkle on the perennial "do we model unresolved
sidechains" debate, I guess. I would argue that in the case of mutations, tags
etc. those are things you know were there before you started firing x-rays at
your sample. In the case of the sidechain decarboxylation we know it's an
artifact of the data collection method, and we correct for known artifacts in
other contexts all the time.

Tristan Croll
Research Fellow
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge CB2 0XY