Hi,

PLEASE TRIM THE DARN POST BEFORE REPLYING!

For example, Bill's interesting post about needing space was 75 lines long
(#1)...

The first reply included the ENTIRE MESSAGE.

The second, from another very long time participant, was TWO !@#$%^& LINES
OF NEW CONTENT, with *TWO COPIES OF THE ORIGINAL POST* (about 145 lines).

I don't want to single out just that post ... I haven't counted, but I'd
bet that the vast majority of posts include the entire OP, and replies!
Some other post had three copies in today's digest.

The basic guideline is to quote *just enough* for the reader to understand
what you're referring to.  (Whether you quote below or above is another
subject entirely :)

Please have consideration for *EVERY* reader of this list, our disk space,
and our network bandwidth!

thanks,

Stan

----
1. BTW, Bill, that line count includes the totally unnecessary (and never
believable) text: