Hi,

On 2023-01-17 20:07, Stan Sieler via cctalk wrote:

PLEASE TRIM THE DARN POST BEFORE REPLYING!

Yes, please, please, please!

The basic guideline is to quote *just enough* for the reader to understand
what you're referring to.  (Whether you quote below or above is another
subject entirely :)

Or neither. :-)

Please have consideration for *EVERY* reader of this list, our disk space,
and our network bandwidth!

And the most important thing, our freaking time. It might take a couple of minutes to edit the quoted text of an email for the sender, whereas it takes much more accumulated time for all readers to check the contents of such enormous mails to understand what the message is all about and to often find out they bring very little (when anything) to the conversation.

thanks,

No, thank you for reminding about this!

Cheers,
Ángel